Companies Offering Sponsorship (Tier 2) Visas – Updated Nov 2015


I’ve recently received a lot of emails regarding how to make the move to the UK. If you find that you’re not a Commonwealth citizen and have no other ties to the UK, it can be rather difficult to make the move to England thanks to the recent closing of the Tier 1 (General) visa route. For working professionals, the only other conceivable way of moving here and making a living is through the Tier 2 visa scheme. Tier 2 visas come in different forms, but are in essence work sponsorship visas. This means that your resident status will be tied to your employer, but it is still a legitimate pathway to permanent residency or citizenship in the UK.


Not many of us work at companies who have the capability of sponsoring an intra-company transfer to the UK. Given that, the only other option is to land a job with a company that has the ability to offer Tier 2 visas. The UKBA has compiled a list of companies that have this ability and the list can be found here  (This list was just updated for the first time in 2 years on 20 November 2015)

My advice would be to go through this list, identify the larger companies, and search for their job posting on their corporate websites or on aggregated job posting websites like

Keep in mind that Tier 2 jobs must command a gross salary of 35k GPB (approx. 56k USD) per year or more and are typically related to skill shortages in the UK. These tend to include positions in the IT and engineering sectors.

Registered Tier 2 Sponsors List: Click Here

Here are my tips on finding a job in London.

If you are fortunate enough to have secured a job in London, check out my tips on settling and living in the city and download my e-book on filling out UK work visa applications.

54 Responses

  1. Calynn S. 26 July, 2013 / 7:53 am

    Thank you for this post. Do you know anything about student visas? Can you move to the UK that way?

    • Cheylene 26 July, 2013 / 9:30 am

      Yes, the Tier 4 student visa allows you to stay in the UK for the duration of your study course, but you generally have to leave once your course is over. The one exception is if you are a PhD student. It is my understanding that they get an 12 months to find skilled work.

      Students under the Tier 4 visa are able to work part-time, but you could theoretically find full-time skilled work (Tier 2) and switch to this immigration category while inside the UK.

  2. Lollita 10 August, 2013 / 3:00 pm

    I’m very interested to move to London.
    The thing is, is that possible to apply a job from outside UK and get the sponsorship??
    I do have a 5 years working experience, but I dont hold an US/UK/any Commonwealth passport.

    • Cheylene 11 August, 2013 / 9:28 am

      Yes, you can apply for jobs outside the UK so long as the company posting the job has the ability to sponsor its employees.

  3. Rathna 12 August, 2013 / 1:38 am

    Have you heard of or know someone who took help of or creation-tec to get tier 2 work sponsorship visas?
    They both describe themeselves as a intermediate company who can offer sponsorship to candidates out of london who manage to secure a contractor position in UK with 250 gbp/day.
    Can you please check if they are genuine?

    • Cheylene 12 August, 2013 / 7:55 am

      Hi Rathna,

      I’ve heard of companies like these and have been hesitant to talk about them. Your best bet would to be to call them to find out exactly how they work. From what I understand, if they are on the list of companies that are able to sponsor Tier 2 visas, then they will work. However, if they’re not on the list I don’t see how they could operate legally.

      – Cheylene

  4. Hemanth 12 August, 2013 / 9:31 pm


    Thank you very much for your article.It clarified my doubts really.

    I would like know about the intermediate companies(dynamic futures)/creation tec solutions who offers tier 2 visas.As you have suggested,I have checked in UK border agency tier2 sponsor list,both are present…Is it safe to proceed further? will be there any legal problems??

    Pls advise.

    • Laurel 20 August, 2013 / 10:55 pm

      Hi Hemanth,

      I am actually working with dynamic futures as well. Have you gotten far along in the process?

      There are a few legal issues, but it depends what field you are in. If you are in the IT field it may be a bit easier as they have companies that they work directly with.

      • saju 14 September, 2013 / 7:47 am

        Hi, Currently i am working in london and will be here for few months, but i am looking for a sponsorship from a company or consultant so i can work on contract, could you please advice what are the option that i have ? thanks

  5. Nina Cvetinovic 16 August, 2013 / 10:06 pm


    Do you perhaps know if OMD (part of Omnicom group) offers sponsorship? It does not seem they are listed as a registered entity which is quite odd considering how huge they are…

    I am a Serbian citizen and I have a meeting scheduled next week when I fly in to London.

    Thanks! :)

  6. Barham 21 August, 2013 / 11:51 pm


    Do the Universities or other companies offer Tier 2 Visa Sponsorship for postdoctoral jobs please.

    Many thanks

    • Dr Hussain 23 August, 2013 / 5:20 pm

      Most Universities in the UK will offer Tier 2 sponsorship for post-doctoral research. The same applies with the research institutes. The job (if not in the shortage occupation list) has to be advertised for 28 days before they can offer a tier 2 sponsorship.

  7. ayesha 23 August, 2013 / 3:29 pm

    hi! is it essential that the job has to be on the skilled jobs list? can i not work in any other department thats not IT or engineering related? i am a criminology graduate and i want to gain work experience in this area, so will anyone sponsor me for working in this field.

    reply soon plz!

    • Cheylene 25 August, 2013 / 1:35 pm

      Hi Ayesha,

      It is my understanding that it’s technically possible to get a job unrelated to the skills shortage list, but very difficult.

  8. Kori B. 23 August, 2013 / 9:47 pm

    Hi there,

    I am recent college graduate and I am dying to live in the UK and most importantly WORK. I studied theatre and I don’t have much work experience. I saw some au pair companies but any other advice??? Please help!!!!

    Warm Regards,

    • Cheylene 25 August, 2013 / 1:40 pm

      Hi Kori,

      If you’re from Canada, Australia, or New Zealand, you can look into the Youth Mobility Scheme:

      If not, I would suggest looking into post graduate theatre programs where you can apply for a Tier 4 student visa. This will allow you to work part time and opens up the possibility of transitioning into sponsored full-time employment (Tier 2 Visa).

  9. srinu 26 August, 2013 / 10:24 am

    I have graduated in 2012 and looking for the sponsorship, so how can get the sponsorship visa, as i have taken the training in software testing
    please is there any consultancies are there to recruit and offering the sponsorship.
    please anyone advise me

    thank you

    • kusnadi 8 December, 2013 / 5:53 am

      try EMIS..they employed many tester in their software development team. They also offer sponshorship after your PSW expired.

  10. Katie 30 August, 2013 / 3:18 pm


    I was just wondering if you could help me.

    Im from south africa and have been given a job offer to work in the UK the only problem is the hotel will not provide my sponsorship. Do you know any companies that just provide the sponsorship as i have already been offered the job from the hotel. Im a chef and im struggling to find any companies that will help me.

    Thank you :)

    • Cheylene 31 August, 2013 / 7:10 am

      Hi Katie,

      From what I know, you need to make sure that your job is a contract offer that pays 250+/day. There are contract management companies that can sponsor you if you meet this condition. Be careful though – there are a lot of scammers out there. Try googling ‘contractor management company tier 2′ to find a management company. Make sure that they’re on the list of approved Tier 2 sponsors before going forward with anyone.

  11. SAW2828 31 August, 2013 / 5:42 pm


    I am very very eager to work in London, but I do not have any visas or is eligible to apply for the Work Holiday visa (as the country I’m at is no longer listed), I do however have worked in the US and is currently working in MY.

    What are the chances of me being able to go to London for work and obtaining a visa?

    Please advise :)


  12. Jolly 1 September, 2013 / 2:50 am

    Dear Cheylene,
    I would like to know whether I am eligible to apply or work in UK, because I don’t know due my age any employer will able to sponsor me. At present I am from Sydney, Australia and above 50+. I am working in the field of IT/Engineering and having a masters degree and working in Sydney.
    Thanks and regards

  13. natasha bashir 1 September, 2013 / 6:35 am

    I am a nurse in Pakistan.Will you please help me to get job in UK with sponsorship?

  14. savitha 2 September, 2013 / 10:53 pm


    I have finished my masters in Drug designing from Salford university. Looking for Tier 2 visa. how can I get Sponsership names list for pharmaceutical companies? I am interested to work as a QC/QA analyst.Thanks

  15. Nilima 3 September, 2013 / 10:40 am

    Hi Cherylene,

    I am working as SAP Business Wwarehouse professional with more than 7 years of experience. I am currently working with a MNC in India and would really like to work in UK. However I dont have a valid visa to work in UK.

    I do understand that firms like Dynamic futures can sponsor my visa but they would required me to produce a job sponsorship. How much would I need to pay to such firms in this situation? Also, can the companies listed in your list consider giving me a job (taking into account that I still dont have valid UK visa)?

    Thanks for your help,


    • Cheylene 3 September, 2013 / 5:21 pm

      Hi Nilima,

      You would need a job offer that pays more than 250 GBP/day in order to get sponsorship from a place like Dynamic Futures. I do not know how much they charge. All the companies on the list have the ability to sponsor tier 2 visas for certain positions that pay over 35k/year.

  16. Jordyn 4 September, 2013 / 6:05 pm


    I am looking of working in the UK. My boyfriend is a citizen of the UK and we are from Canada. I student Hospitality and Tourism Management so I am looking in the hotel or event planning field. Any advice on how to get a visa and which one? I am going through the process of getting the funds right now.


  17. Daniel 6 September, 2013 / 4:48 pm

    great article, very helpful indeed. thank you very much

  18. Condy 9 September, 2013 / 2:41 pm

    Hi, I am a tier 4 student in UIK, just finish an MBA in financial management, am equally finishing my last ACCA papers. I wish to change my visa to a tier 2 visa. apart from the tier 2 sponsor list, is there any website where i can apply for tier 2 jobs? will be happy to receive any other advice please. thanks

  19. Hanuman 24 September, 2013 / 11:22 am

    Wonderful article. Thanks for posting.

  20. Swati 30 September, 2013 / 9:11 pm

    Also my friend from UK tells me that they have revoked the Tier 1 Visas again. Is that true?

    Please advice.



    • Cheylene 7 October, 2013 / 2:48 pm

      Hi Swati,

      The Tier 1 (General) visa is no longer available to those applying outside the UK. There are still other forms of Tier 1 available, but they require a substantial amount of money and/or investment.


  21. mika 8 October, 2013 / 12:29 am

    Are there any airlines that will hire me as a flight attendant to work in the UK. I’m an American citizen?

    • Cheylene 8 October, 2013 / 9:02 am

      Hi Mika,
      I can’t say for sure. From my experience flying in and out of London constantly it appears that US-based airways do hire American flight attendants for their international flights. It’s perfectly acceptable for US flight attendants to stay in the UK overnight in between flights.


  22. mika 9 October, 2013 / 9:11 am

    I’m sorry I don’t think I asked the question right. I want to be a flight attendant based in the uk. My boyfriend lives in London and I want to be closer to him. I live in the United States at the moment and I don’t qualify for a fiance visa, non married partner visa, or spouse visa. I’ve been looking for companies that will hire me to work in the airline industry in London, but I can’t find one. I would take a clerical job as well, but I’m not sure what company I should apply with. I will have an Associates Degree in Business at the end of next year.

    • Cheylene 10 October, 2013 / 10:02 am

      Hi Mika,

      From my limited knowledge of that industry it doesn’t appear that UK-based airlines offer visa sponsorship to flight attendants, unless perhaps you have certain language skills that they are seeking. I was able to pull this up from the British Airways website:

      “We are unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK. In some exceptional circumstances we can sponsor migrant workers under Tier 2 of the points-based system. For further information on working in the UK, please visit the Home Office website

      I recently had to do some research into the US immigration system for work and I think it would probably easier for your boyfriend to move to the US than it would for you to move to the UK.

      – Cheylene

  23. Liz 14 October, 2013 / 8:50 pm


    It’ been a while since my husband and I have been thinking in how great would be to move and start a life in the UK, we visited a couple of years ago and found Manchester has a lot going on and would be a great place to live :) I have a master in Purchasing and my husband is a Mechanical engineer…I’m wondering if there are any companies willing to sponsor someone with my degree in Business or an engineer as my husband, we both have more than 5 year experience and no kids. I know everybody looks to settle in London but I’m more interested in seeking a place in the surrounding areas instead. Any advise would help.

    We are both Mexican citizens. Thank you

    • Liz 8 January, 2014 / 5:32 pm

      Hi Cheylene,

      Never got your response on my case :|…

  24. Matthew 14 October, 2013 / 9:17 pm

    Hi Cheylene,

    First of all thank you for the wonderful post and I appreciate your efforts to personally reply to all the queries people have posted here.

    Coming to the point, I am a commonwealth citizen who had arrived in UK last year on Student Visa. I have already completed my post grad degree and now I am applying to various graduate schemes.

    I have encountered the situation time and again, where the companies requires the applicant to already possess the permanent work visa and are not willing to provide the sponsorship for international applicants. Among them are industry giants like IBM, GE, Deloitte and list goes on.

    I have two questions for you. Is this legal & fair? Second, if the big firms can’t afford to provide sponsorship then in that case, does an international applicant stand any chance of getting hired in UK ?

    I apologize if the whole post sounds more like a rant but just wanted to know your opinion or legal advice, if any !

    • Cheylene 15 October, 2013 / 2:44 pm

      Hi Matthew,

      Thank you for your kind words.

      The whole immigration situation in the UK is very frustrating. While it may not be fair to people who study in the UK (especially commonwealth citizens!),companies are under no legal obligation to offer sponsorship to international applicants and UK/EU applicants will always get first priority on positions that ARE eligible for sponsorship. That being said, I know several people who have successfully obtained a Tier 2 visa through both internal transfers and applying to in-demand positions (e.g. IT), so it’s definitely not impossible to get hired here.

      I don’t know what your graduate degree is in, but I was able to track down two major companies with offices in the UK that actively offer Tier 2 sponsorship:



      • Matthew 16 October, 2013 / 4:24 pm

        Hi Cheylene,

        Thank you for the reply.

        I pursued M.Sc – Information Security, which has IT and Cyber Security to its core which leads me to believe that I am applying to one of the most potential field.

        Further, I found only PwC and KPMG among the Big 4s, welcoming the international applicants and luckily I am making some progress with PwCs graduate scheme.

        Thank you once again and best of luck for your future endeavors !

        Cheers !

  25. Aviva 19 October, 2013 / 5:15 pm

    Hi Cheylene,

    I am a Canadian and lived in the UK 4 years ago on a Youth Mobility Visa and ever since I returned back home I’ve been dying to get back to London to live again. I’ve recently decided to try to make the leap again. Unfortunately, as we all know, it’s much harder this time. The list that you compiled of companies that can offer Tier 2 Visa’s is amazing but also a little daunting as it’s so large. I’m wondering if you know of any way to grab a company’s attention as to why they should hire someone who needs a tier 2 Visa? Write an incredible cover letter explaining your situation and desire to work and live in the UK again, or strictly stick to you professional skills though your resume? What’s the best way to get noticed and hired through one of these companies?

    I’m dying to get back to London!

    Thanks a bunch,


  26. Mithali 28 October, 2013 / 5:14 am

    I got Visit visa for UK now I am planning to get work permit in UK I am from India. is it possible to sponsor any company if they found visit visa employee is eligible for that

  27. Rakesh 4 November, 2013 / 8:55 pm

    HI Cheylene,

    Its is really great that your blog gives us some insight into the visa processing.
    I have a simple question, I am an Indian and working in UK on a ICT tier 2 visa short term. If i am able to manage a sponsorship from some company, can i get my visa converted to Tier 2 General.


  28. Wyman 17 November, 2013 / 5:33 am

    Dear Cheylene,

    it is a wonderful article you written there. From there I have a brief idea on how difficult to secure a job from overseas.

    I was applying a lot of jobs in the events and exhibitions industry as have 2 years plus experience in it however all my responses was just unable to sponsor for visa and I’m not eligible to work in UK thus disqualified.

    My fiancee is working in London and I do not want to rely on spouse visa. Is there any faster way to get there ? Need to be with her again.

    I’m holding a Malaysian passport and I’m able to stay there for 6 months without visa. Is it advisable to go there and search for a job ?

    Thank you and best regards,

  29. Chris Valdivia 3 December, 2013 / 12:04 am

    Cheylene, your site is quite a find! Thank you so much. I’m a US citizen looking to get into the UK, and I work in IT as a senior level software developer. Your site has renewed hope for me.

    Question – the PDF of Tier 2 companies that you link to – do you know if there is an Excel / .csv version of that document anywhere? It would make it easier for sorting and such.

    Thanks much,
    Chris Valdivia

    • Cheylene T. 6 December, 2013 / 3:44 pm

      No, I don’t know of any. You might want to try exporting the .pdf to word, then exporting that to .xls.

  30. Tanya Verwey 9 December, 2013 / 12:14 pm

    Dear Cheylene

    Thank you for replying to our queries.

    We are a family living in South Africa. Do you have any cricket clubs that will sponsor cricket coaches? My husband wants to coach cricket in the UK.

    Kind regards

  31. Gori 10 December, 2013 / 1:01 am

    Hey, I have studied Industrial Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSc) from University and I am nearly to finish my Masters in Research Methods (MSc).I have been in UK from last 6 years and have studied in university…. I am dying to get work permit visa in UK . Could you please give me advice what should I do? What could be the best advice for me. Thanks

  32. Teresa Oliver 11 December, 2013 / 12:46 am

    I do not say this lightly, I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!! I have been researching how to get to the UK for some time now and you are the only person that has said what my options are and what I have to do in PLAIN ENGLISH!

    Now for the questions, I am an Accountant, what are my chances of landing a sponsored job? Also, my friend does office work, can you ball park her chances? Living in London is my dream!

    • Cheylene T. 11 December, 2013 / 11:54 am

      Thanks Teresa! The reason I initially created this site was to try to make life easier for people interested in moving to London.
      Now to answer your questions – from what I know it’s going to be difficult to land sponsorship without UK accounting qualifications. I don’t know much about accounting, but I would look up the CIMA and ACA to see if it’s possible to get some kind of certification. That would definitely help your chances. As for your friend, unfortunately office work is not an in-demand profession, as there are a lot of recent graduates and professionals from the rest of the EU taking up those kinds of jobs.

  33. ssebagala ivan 18 December, 2013 / 8:51 am


Comments are closed.